Miles away from the city chaos, Fort Morgan RV Park gives you the warmth of sunsets and tranquility after a long day. Situated directly on the majestic and historic Mobile bay, you can view the bay and the front lots.
This campground is an excellent option for lovers of silence and tranquil set-ups. Thirty-four exquisite fronts and sites are waiting to be unraveled. You can have a view of the irresistible beauty of Mobile bay as you watch the sunset and sunrise.
However, this recreation ground does not only offer a quiet and relaxing ambiance as it also gives you optimum convenience. It is only a minute away from stores, shops, beaches, trails, centers, and many more, even miles away from the city! Not only that, but it also has full hookups and amenities.
Learn more about the fascinating sceneries and activities you can do at Fort Morgan RV Park.
Fort Morgan RV Park is located at Gulf Shores, having six acres of land spreading throughout the central Mobile bay. It features campgrounds as well as a recreational ground. Apart from the site, it is best known for providing excellent quality amenities and dependable hookups.
But, before considering this place, know and review the essential details and information below.
|Operating Hours||8 AM – 6 PM (Monday – Sunday), Hours |
differ on Martin Luther King’s day
|Popular Features and Amenities||Hookups (showers, restrooms, electricity, sewer, washers, dryers) |
Tow vehicle area
Free laundry facilities
Captain/Community rooms available
Commodious camp lots
|Complete Address||10397 2nd Street |
Gulf Shores, AL 36542-8363, United States
Office Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
How to Get There
Several tours and routes will lead you to Fort Morgan. Among them is through Pensacola International Airport via FL-292 W and AL-180 W/Fort or Mobile Bay Ferry via the Dauphin Island route. You can also get there by riding a ferry and car rentals.
Below is a detailed instruction to reach FM.
- From Pensacola International Airport via FL-292 and AL – 180 W/Fort to FM (47.9 miles) – Traversing this route gives you one to one hour and 30 minutes of travel.
From Pensacola Airport, take Airport Boulevard and head to North 12th Avenue. From there, take the FL- 292 Wand AL – 180 W/Fort route. You are then led to O’Shea De Oaks Ln in Baldwin County.
Continue to take O’Shea De Oaks Ln. Drive. Turn right onto O’Shea De Oaks Ln. Drive and turn right again onto 2nd Street. After which, you will already see the Fort Morgan RV park on the left side.
- Mobile Bay Ferry via Dauphin Island Landing to FM (15.5 miles) is the fastest route to reach FM. This route only takes 40 to 55 minutes of travel. However, it includes tolls and ferry, which requires additional fees.
Upon landing, go to Head West of Bienville boulevard to reach Albright Dr. From there, make a U-turn. Then, take the Dauphin Island- FM ferry. It leads you to the Gulf Shores.
Before taking this route, know the mobile ferry’s current operating hours and when roads are closed. Some parts of the road to reach Mobile Bay Ferry close from 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM. Also, take note of the road tolls.
After reaching the Gulf Shores, head to AL-180 East of O’ Shea De Oaks Ln. Continue straight. After reaching AL- 180, turn left.
Turn left on O’Shea De Oaks Ln. Turn right and continue to drive towards 2nd Street. The site is on the left side.
- Other Tours and Routes – You can also reach FM through rental car drop-off via I-10 E in Metairie (Starting point: Jerome S. Glazer Airport Access Road) and via Baldwin Beach Express. These tours and routes are great alternatives; however, it takes three and a half hours to 5 hours of travel time. If you consider via 1-10 course, note that there are tolls. It also includes a ferry.
Whatever route you take, make sure to check on the current traffic situation, weather conditions, road projects, and other circumstances that may affect your journey. Moreover, it is vital to plan your route accordingly. Lastly, know and obey the notices and signs while traveling to your destination.
Credits to FMRP
According to the Fort Morgan RV Park’s website, the amenities include a bathhouse, accessible laundry facilities, internet connection, cable TV, and craft or community room (suitable for 20 people). Other amenities include a boat spot, a pet area, full hookups, and a pier.
Let’s discover more about their amenities from the brief descriptions below.
- Bath Houses/Showers/Restrooms – We particularly admire how delighted RVers and tourists are, particularly with the recreational ground’s showers and restrooms. There are new bathhouses. Their cleanliness and neatness also reflect how staff maintain and take care of the RVers’ area and welfare.
- Laundry facilities – Laundry facilities are accessible. There are also new washers and dryers, making them ideal for RVers. The facilities, however, are situated in a higher area. So, it is not that convenient for elderlies.
Credits to: Camp native
- Connectivity – FM has several coverages. It includes Internet Connection, ATT, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile. It gives you many good options to choose from, especially when you direly need some connections.
The signal in the area is pretty strong. Even if it is miles away from the heart of the city, you would not feel being left out. The internet connection is throughout the site, and you can easily access three Wi-Fi channels.
- Cable TV – While relaxing, you can watch movies and shows on cable television. At times, the signal may be slow to pick up, but it is pretty decent and robust. The signal strength may also vary during rainy days.
- Craft Room – There are craft rooms available in the excellent sam park. Most can cater to up to 20 people. It is an ideal good place when a group of friends or family accompanies you.
We particularly admire the good sam rooms because they are quiet and secluded. If you want some peace and solitude, this can be an excellent spot for you. The rooms and campsites are expressly set up in their corresponding places to ensure RVers have some privacy and enjoy most of their quiet times.
- Hookups – What’s great about this place is that it has complete hookups. Electricity is available. There are also sewer and water hookups. It will be easier for you to clean or dump wastes whenever you have to.
Note that there are 34 campsites in the Fort Morgan RV Park. Each of them has complete hookups for your convenience. Each lot also has tables and furnaces.
- Pier and dock – If you love angling, this recreational vehicle ground might be an ideal option. There are piers and ports to try some fun and exciting water activity. However, there are rules and regulations to follow.
Most importantly, some places require a license before fishing. Lastly, rates apply and shall be paid separately.
- Play Area for Pets – Fort Morgan RV Park is known for its pet-friendly features. While some private and state parks and recreational vehicle campsites do not allow pets, FM welcomes your cute kitties and puppies. Plus, there are fenced areas where they can play as much as they want.
Just remember: pet responsibly! Look after your pets to avoid them from attacking other people from the campground or going far away from you.
Photo via Pinterest
The Gulf Shores, Alabama, is home to many tourist spots and camping destinations. You can try many fun and exciting activities; these include parasailing, dolphin cruises, diving, kayaking, and sailing.
The site, however, offers limited activities for you to enjoy. Nonetheless, you can still make the most out of it and enjoy the rest of your stay in the area. It includes:
- Fishing – This recreation ground is famous for these kinds of activities and trips. It is known for providing one of the best water exposures in Alabama. Although rates are high, the prices are reasonable enough in exchange for a remarkable moment in the sea.
Since it is located in the historic Mobile Bay, it is home to many fishes. You can try deep-sea angling and catch pompano, flounder, and sheep head.
- Picnic Dates – One of the points of pride of this recreation ground is its serene vibe, ideal for picnic dates. It is an excellent place for relaxation and reflection. Not only that, but it is also an ideal place for some picnics.
Prepare your blankets, snacks, and stories as you watch that beautiful Mobile Bay. It is a frequent choice for picnic dates due to its spacious lots. Also, the space between the lots is not that close, so you can enjoy your date and privacy as much as you want. Sunset and sunrise view – This place is suitable for you if you want to see the sunset and light. Although the activities you can do here are minimal compared to other private and state parks in the Gulf Shores, you can bet on how great sunset and sunrise gazing is in this park.
Photo via Winds of Destiny
For this reason, many couples and families choose to stay here. Aside from the peaceful vibe, it has a rustic ambiance that suits individuals who want to rest. Also, its strategic location is an excellent place to spend moments accompanied by your loved ones while having a romantic date or celebrating a wedding anniversary.
Besides, it is an excellent place for meditation and dates. Thus, also an ideal place for kids and the elderly who are sensitive to noises.
Nearby Sites and Restaurants in Gulf
Gulf Shores is home to many majestic and historic places and hotels in Alabama. So, if you consider camping at Fort Morgan, you can hop into many sceneries, hotels and have food trips in international and local bars and restaurants in the Gulf Shores area.
Here is a list of some places you can visit based on reviews.
NEARBY SITES FROM FORT MORGAN RV PARK CAMPGROUND
Credits to: SS
- Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge
|Review Address||12295 AL-180, Gulf Shores, AL 36542|
|Distance from the Recreation Ground According to Reviews||1.5 miles/2.4 kilometers|
|Contact Details||+1 251-540-7720|
- Indian Village Achuse
|Address||12125 State Highway 180|
|Distance from the Recreation Ground According to Reviews||1.9 miles/3.06 kilometers|
|Contact Details||Through website: https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=66295|
- Alabama Coast Zoo
|Review Address||20499 Oak Rd E, Gulf Shores, AL 36542,|
|Distance from the Recreation Ground According to Reviews||13.8 miles/22.2 kilometers|
|Contact Details||+1 251-256-7008|
- Gulf Shore Public Beach
|Address||101 Gulf Shores Pkwy, Gulf Shores, AL 36542|
|Distance from the Recreation Ground According to Reviews||11.2 miles/18 kilometers|
|Contact Details||+1 251-968-2040|
Nearby Restaurants/Food Hotels from the Park RV Campground
- Sassy Bass Amazin’ Grill
|Address||5160 Hwy 180|
|Distance from the Recreation Ground According to Reviews||5.2 miles/8.4 kilometers|
|Contact Details||+1 251-975-1010|
- Behind the Pines
|Address||8818 Hwy 180 W, Gulf Shores|
|Distance from the Recreation Ground According to Reviews||1.6 miles/2.6 kilometers|
|Contact Details||+1 251-948-3052|
- Baby Jay’s BBQ
|Address||9949 Hwy 180 W, Gulf Shores|
|Distance from the Recreation Ground||0.5 miles/0.8 kilometers|
|Review Contact Details||Not indicated|
- Southbeach Bar & Grill
|Address||453 Beach Club Trl, Gulf Shores|
|Distance from the Recreation Ground According to Reviews||2.0 miles/3.2 kilometers|
|Contact Details||+1 251-540-2525|
Close by Hotels/Inns in the RV Campground/Park
- Holiday Inn Express Fairhope-Point Clear, Gulf Shores
|Address||19751 Greeno Rd, Fairhope, AL 36532-3843,|
|Distance from the Recreation Ground According to Reviews||30.1 kilometers|
|Contact Details||+1 251-928-9191|
- Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, Gulf Shores Hotels Near
|Address||25518 Perdido Beach Blvd, Orange Beach, AL 36561-6100, Gulf Shores|
|Distance from the Recreation Ground According to Reviews||24.8 kilometers|
|Review Contact Details||+1 251-923-4400|
- Island House Hotel Orange Beach, Gulf Shores Hotels
|Address||26650 Perdido Beach Blvd, Orange Beach, AL 36561-3160, Gulf Shores|
|Distance from the Recreation Ground According to Reviews||26.8 kilometers|
|Contact Details||+1 251-981-6100|
- The Grand Hotel Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, Hotels Near
|Address||One Grand Boulevard, Point Clear, AL 36564, Gulf Shores|
|Distance from the Recreation Ground According to Reviews||28.0 kilometers|
|Contact Details||+1 251-928-9201|
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Montgomery, Hotels Near
|Review Address||5472A Inn Rd, Mobile, AL 36619-1953|
|Distance from the Recreation Ground||49.1 kilometers|
|Review Contact Details||+1 334-356-3335|
Fort Morgan RV Park Dos and Don’ts
Photo via FT
Indeed, FM is a great option when looking for a comfortable and peaceful place for a vacation. But, before that, there are various things to remember to avoid problems and dangers. Here, we provide a reviewed list of Dos and Don’ts you need to consider when in FM camping sites, resorts, or hotels.
- Leave No Trace – wherever you are in Gulf Shores, this principle is always applicable and should be observed. It is a helpful golden rule for every RVer to dispose of waste and other garbage appropriately always.
If there are not enough trash bins in the area, make sure you take your trash. It is helpful to bring additional garbage bags to dispose of them in the right place.
- Respect other people’s privacy and quiet hours – the campground lots may be spacious enough for you, but that does not mean you can do whatever you want at the expense of other people’s privacy and peace.
Make sure not to talk too loud. When turning on some music, keep it low to moderate – enough that you can hear and enjoy it.
- Maximize Space – With 34 lots available, you can freely select what kind of site corresponds to your recreational vehicle style as well as your needs. Consider the type of vehicle you have before choosing your space so you can maximize the most of it.
Most importantly, we advise you to see the lot through a map or ask the management about the site to ensure it suits you and your recreational vehicle’s style.
- Be Mindful of Your Stay – The truth about camping sites consisting of hookups and amenities is that you are not always guarded. There can be potential dangers like harmful plants, wild animals, or live trees. Whatever it is, always be mindful of your surroundings.
Be careful not to step on plants or any habitats of animals living in the area. It is helpful to call for rescue or any staff in the area when you think there is an imminent danger.
Also, there are protected areas or forests in the place. It is helpful to know the laws and forest ordinances implemented on the site and abide by them.
- Do not unleash dogs – pets are allowed in the area, but they must be kept on a leash. The management requires a dog leash no longer than 6 feet when they are outside your recreational vehicle.
- Do not abuse the one recreational vehicle and one car policy – On this site, you can station one recreational vehicle and one car. It is helpful to avoid parking issues on Gulf Shores.
- Do Not Bring Tents – tents are not allowed in this part of Gulf Shores. So, if you plan to set up a tent, this place is not for you. On the other note, since tents are not allowed, you don’t have to worry about seeing sunsets and sunrise.
- Do Not Utilize Facilities Irresponsibly- The campground is your temporary home. Hence, you should treat it just like your space,t and that includes taking care of whatever facility or equipment, even if it’s not yours.
Most individuals are reckless enough to leave dirt on sinks or plastic bags on toilets and showers; don’t be like them. Besides, a corresponding fine may be imposed on you when a utility or facility is damaged.
- Do Not Forget to Plan Route – Roads going to the site are usually narrow and are on maintenance. It is helpful to know other alternative tours and routes to reach your destination.
Do Not Expect Too Much – This recreation ground is a great place to stay when you love quiet and peaceful locations. However, this might not be for you if you like planned activities and organized set-ups. It is also helpful to prepare for “extras” since the site is miles away from big stores, although there are shops and centers around.
The fees at FM may vary and are contingent upon the month and day and the camp lots. Here is a list of the fees to expect. Check and review.
|Daily Rate||Shaded (from lots 14 – 34)- $49|
Bay View (from lots 8 – 13) – $59
Bay Front (from lots 1 – 7) – $70
|Monthly Rate||From May 1 to August 15- $825 |
From August 16 to April 30- $725
Important Note: No waterfront (from
May – July) and require you for a
maximum of a three-week stay
|Reservations||Require 20% deposit (non-refundable)|
|Fishing Trips||4 hours|
– $380 – 660
-$600 – 1000
-$850 – 1400
$150 for one hour additional
Inclusions are 30-to-50-amp electricity, sewer, water, internet connection, cable TV, and amenities, including bathhouses and on-site laundry. There are also craft rooms suitable for 20 people (only available from December – March).
The fees do not include taxes. Also, prices may change constantly. The management only allows a maximum of four individuals per lot (site). An additional $5 is charged (by the head and per night) for groups who exceed the four-maximum limit.
The management is very particular about late arrivals. When you arrive beyond 9 PM, you are charged a “late arrival fee,” amounting to $35. We advise you to check in between 1:00 to 9:00 PM or earlier to avoid hassle and extra charge.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
Photo via Winds of Destiny
Regarding reservations, there is an initial deposit of 20%, which is non-refundable. It is also crucial to note that when you settle there during a major holiday, you are required for a 3-day minimum stay. Your initial deposit on significant holidays is strictly non-refundable.
Fort Morgan RV Park is an excellent vacation place, especially if you are reviewing or looking for a tranquil spot to rest and relax. See, the 6 acres of land extending directly throughout the bay allows you to have an oversized lot, full hookups, and quality amenities.
Since it is miles away from the city noise, you can savor the advantages of solitude and watch beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
The prices are reasonable for the place itself and the facility available. So, if you are looking for some sizable place to stay for quiet or alone moments, this might be a good option for you.